Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PvP Trinkets & "He Made Me Do It"

PvP Trinket
One item that a PvPer in WoW cannot live without (unless you're OP and rolled human) is the PvP trinket. Why you ask would this trinket be so important? It is because the trinket allows players to break CC (crowd control) abilities like fear, polymorphs, or stuns. Without this trinket you might find yourself at the mercy of warlock fears or mage sheeps!

I like the wording on the trinket's tooltip. It "...removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control of your character..."
In a recent General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, President Boyd K. Packer gave a talk entitled Cleansing the Inner Vessel. In the which he said, "There is... an age-old excuse: 'The devil made me do it.' Not so! He can deceive you and mislead you, but he does not have the power to force you or anyone else to transgress or to keep you in transgression."

Just as PvP trinkets help to remove movement impairing effects in game, the Atonement of Jesus Christ is the enabling power which helps us to overcome sin and temptations. When it comes down to it, we are not forced by the Adversary to do anything. Just as President Packer said, he may tempt us, but in the end it is us who chooses to make the decision. It is us that chooses to sit in the fear lock instead of trinketing. It is us that chooses to willfully transgress the laws of God and not use the Atonement that he has provided for us.

I know that these things are true. Christ has given us the ability to chose, and to overcome our sins and weaknesses. One of my favorite scriptures found in The Book of Mormon is Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...