Saturday, July 9, 2011

Purpose to life (2) Where do I go when I die?

Today what I want to talk about is something that I feel a lot of people have asked me over the course of my mission. The question, "Where do I go when I die?" I have had that question asked to me a lot so today I am hopefully going to answer some of those questions for you. So we talked about in our previous post (Purpose to Life (Part1) What's my purpose in life? ) What we are supposed to be doing while we are alive.What I want to do is share with you a quick WoW story with you. When I was in a BG (Battleground) You tend to get hurt a lot in battle to the point to where you will die, now when we die in WoW we go to what is called the spirit healer, which you just kinda wait in the Graveyard until the time is up for you to get resurrected.  Just like in WoW all of us have to die, there is no way around it, but death is not the end! Let me share with you some more scriptures. In 1 Peter 3:18-20, Peter talks about what happened to Christ after he died...
18 For Christ also hath once asuffered for sins, the just for the bunjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to cdeath in the flesh, but quickened by the dSpirit:
19By which also he went and apreached unto the bspirits in cprison;
20aWhich sometime were bdisobedient, when once the clongsuffering of God waited in the days of dNoah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were esaved by fwater. So Christ went to the Prison, (Not a physical but spiritual prison.) to preach the gospel to them. 1Peter 4:6  6aFor for this cause was the bgospel cpreached also to them that are ddead, that they might be ejudged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
So you might be asking the question, ok so if Christ went to prison then what did he mean when he said the word Paradise to the thief on the cross? Well let me share with you some scripture from the Book of Mormon, which is Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  Alma 40:12 12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.  These two places Paradise and Prison are in what is known as the spirit world. As we can see Paradise is a place where those who were good people in this life will go and rest from the cares of the world, while in prison those who were bad, or never had the chance to hear the gospel at all will now be able to learn of Jesus Christ and of His teachings in its fullness. It is truly amazing to know that the Lord loves everyone so much that he has given people on the other side to accept His gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...