Thursday, July 14, 2011

Revelation And WoW Blue Posts

The Interwebs
Anyone can determine that communication is a big thing in the world today, especially with the internet. It allows many people to come together, build communities, and share facts and opinions. As a hardcore WoW player, one of my favorite pastimes was reading what other players had to say and discuss. This lead me to YouTube videos, popular WoW websites, and of course the forums. With all these sources I could see how other players played their class and how I could in turn improve my game play.
Blue Posts
Out of all that I would read, probably the most interesting (besides players trolling the BDF forums) would have to be blue posts. You see when a WoW game developer or Blizz employee posts, the script of their post is blue. \a lot of these blue posts would deal with new patch notes, additional content, and occasional responses to questions posted by players. They were all really interesting to me because they spoke of things to shortly come to pass in the game's world.

So if there were people on the earth today (IRL), that could tell us of things to come, and and how we can prepare for these things, do you think that you would be interested in listening to them?...I sure would!
Noah and the Ark
We know throughout time, God has always called men (like Noah, Abraham, and Moses) to be prophets. Prophets are men called of God and given authority to preach the true gospel of Jesus Christ, and speak as his mouthpiece. Just in the same sense that I myself cannot log onto the WoW forums and start writing blue posts, not all people can be entitled to speak for God and receive revelation (communication from God) for the whole world. It is requisite that these men receive authority from God. I know that God today has once again reached out in love to his children and called a prophet. His name is Thomas S. Monson. Along with a prophet sent to prepare the world for Christ's Second Coming, God has also called Apostles to assist him -- just as he did in Christ's time.
Modern Day Prophets and Apostles
I recognize that what I have just said is a lot to bear, and you don't have to take my word for it. You can instead take the challenge to find out for yourself if the things that I have said are true. Consider the evidence of additional scripture in our day (The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ) And the words of modern-day Prophets and Apostles. Take and ponder these things, then pray and ask God if these things are true. I know that if you ask with a sincere heart, real intent, and having faith in Jesus Christ you will find your answer. I myself have come to know of these things through the same process. I know that God loves us enough to call Prophets and Apostles in our day. The heavens are open and God speaks! Christ lives, and his authority is found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!




1 comment:

  1. Okay, awesome analogy! Double "like" in my book! This week my companion and I have been teaching all of our members the importance of a LIVING prophet. How has the knowledge of a living prophet blessed you in your life?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...