Friday, July 1, 2011

Purpose to Life (Part1) What's my purpose in life?


What is the meaning to life? I am pretty sure that if you were to ask a lot of people, they would tell you it is to live and to die. Others might tell you its to be tried and tested and then go live with God and I am sure that other people would tell you that there is no purpose to life in general-- that we are just here for kicks and giggles. My friends if you want the true meaning to life, then pay close attention to the words that I am about to speak because they will tell you what life is all about. In the Book of Mormon there is a missionary by the name of Amulek, and this is what he says about life in Alma 34:32-33:
32. For behold, this alife is the time for men to bprepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of cthis life is the day for men to perform their dlabors...
33. And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many awitnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not bprocrastinate the day of your crepentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the dnight of edarkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

These scriptures are saying two things, 1) We need to prepare our self to meet God. 2)We need to perform good works and not wait to repent.  One Book of Mormon missionary has told us what our purpose to life is. I know that there is a purpose to life, I know that God loves us so much that He wants us to return to live with Him again. I know that if we read the scriptures we will begin to know what God has in store for us, I also know that the purpose to life is to return to live with our Heavenly Father once again.         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...