Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!




Today I would like to say Happy Fathers day to all of the fathers out there! If it was not for you and the example you set to your children, in fact if it was not for fathers, children in my opinion would really be lost today. I want to start off by sharing with you something that I can remember from my childhood. When I was very young my mom and dad got divorced from each other, so growing up I would always head back and forth between my mom and stepdad's house and my dads home. I can still remember when my dad would always take me to the Oakland Temple whenever I would visit him. As time went on there were some things that I would learn that will always stick with me. My dad has not only taught me things about life, but he has also showed me by example. See also (Be An Example Unto The Players/Believers )  
                                                                                         
If it was not for showing me by example I believe that the words my father spoke to me would have gone in one ear and out the other...
 So to you Fathers I also thank you for taking the time to show your children by example how to live, work, love, and laugh. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to listen to your children, it is because of listening to them you have  much stronger relationship with them. They will turn to a father that knows how to listen with love and treat them like a person, instead of a lifeless object and always trying to solve their problem for them. I also believe that if we listen to our children and love them deeply and take the time to talk to them, as well as "walk the walk" and not just "talk the talk" then children would be much better off. It is my deepest thanks not only my own dad, but to all of them out their that truly take the time to help us learn and to grow. Just like you, your Heavenly Father has done the same and still is doing the same with His children today, all we have to do is read the scriptures and we will see a perfect example of a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...