Saturday, April 16, 2011

Be An Example Unto The Players/Believers

For just a moment I want you to take a minute and think about an old saying in life. "The FIRST IMPRESSION is a LASTING IMPRESSION." How true is that?  Many times when I was playing WoW I would always ask players for help or I would always ask questions about the game. Many times they would tell me that I needed to learn how to play (L2P.) So what did I do? I learned how to play the game! I watched other players and checked out their stats and what it was they did that was different from what I did...
I also learned how to make gold in the game so that way I would be able to afford many wonderful items in the World of Warcraft. Now at first you might be thinking "WoW that guy was totally rude to you!" but if you stop and really think about it that person was 100% right. If I was constantly told what to do I would have never learned how to play the game, but because I was able to watch other players and see how they got so good, I was able to learn by example. This made the first and lasting impression and that was this I wanted to not only be a good player that people could come for advice, but I also wanted to make sure new players got off to a good start.
                                                                         
In the Bible we hear some great counsel that is given to each of us. 1Tim. 4:12 says: “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.”  We can clearly see that from this scripture we are to show our example to other people by our actions as well as what we say to other people. Christ also gives us very similar advice to us on the sermon on the mount. In Matt 5:14-16 we hear Christ say to us:
14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
                                                                                    
From this scripture we can clearly pick out a few things from here. 1)Light is very bright when it is in a house. 2)We are told to not hide our candle/Light but are told to let our light shine before other players/people so that way they can see what it is we do to become a better player/person in this life. I hope we all Remember the old saying "The FIRST IMPRESSION is a LASTING IMPRESSION?" because maybe then we would all live a better life and a happier one at that. I know this to be true that if we live our religion instead of just saying it then players/people will begin to believe what we say to be true.
-See also "Cry Moar Scrub"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...