Thursday, May 5, 2011

Having a friend= Missionary companionship.

In World of Warcraft my friend Jake and I always pvped together. (As stated in my Who are my friends?)
When ever we would pvp we would always stick together and fight alongside each other, I will admit there were times when the battles would get so intense that Jake and I thought we were gonners, but somehow we always managed to pull through...(Maybe it was because I would always heal him and he would always beat the enemy back.) Often times after the battles were over we would always ask the question, how did we get out alive when we were being attacked by 3 people? The answer is pretty simple...not only was I healing him as well as myself alive, but we always stuck together. Many times when we would rush our enemies we would make them run away from us by using our spells. In Elder Cabrals blog "He Made Me Do It", we can clearly see that if players do not have the medallion they would not be able to break out of fear and other Crowd Control effects. So naturally Jake and I would beat our enemies so easily that we would be able to rack up the Honor. Now maybe you are saying wow you can't beat them by yourself? or wow you guys are bad players? If this be the case let me tell you this much, its not that we couldn't beat our enemies alone, it made it easier to back up and support each other. In truth the Savior gives his Apostles the same advice.
      
We can read in Mark 6:7 something the Savior does.
7. ¶And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
Notice how the savior sends his Apostles by TWO instead of One. As missionaries we are told that we will be with another person or commonly called our "Companion." We go with our companion and we teach people about the restoration of the Lord's church,we also help people in their lives by teaching them the scriptures and that they can find happiness in them. Now there have been many times that if I had not of had a companion then I know that people would not have believed any of my words,because I am only one servant. But because I had a companion who knew something that I didn't know he was able to not only answer their questions,but he was also able to testify and back up my words that I taught. You may have noticed that Elder Cabral and I have been telling people to check out our blog post's, as well as each others. Well that is because Elder Cabral and I are coauthoring this blog or in other words "We are companions on this blog." My friends in closing to this blog I want to encourage each and everyone of you to meet with the missionaries and to put what they are teaching to the test, I can promise you that if you do this you will come to know for yourself that we speak the truth. You will also know that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God, and that Joseph Smith was His Prophet,Seer and Revelator in this the last days. I love y'all very much and hope that you take up the challenge I leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...