Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"I Would Learn the Healer's Art..."

Tauren Warrior
The first character that I rolled in WoW was a Tauren warrior (I figured that being a big cow would help me to pwn more effectively). Quickly did I learn though that warriors were quite ineffective without a healer. Sure mace stun was fun, but it seemed like I was waiting for rezzes in the graveyard more than I was out getting hks.

Before patch 3.1 hit, (which introduced the Ulduar raid) I decided that I would re-roll a healing class. After careful consideration I decided on rolling a paladin. The paladin in the words of Athene was, "a holy character!" Going from level 1 to 80 leveling a retribution was quite similar to rolling a warrior, but at 80 things changed. The re-spec to holy and the new abilities proved very foreign (like Korean foreign) to me.
WoW Holy Paladin
A few weeks ago, this experience was brought back to my remembrance...
 In choir we performed a hymn in a sacrament meeting. The hymn was entitled Lord I Would Follow Thee, and the men sung the third verse:

I would be my brother's keeper; I would learn the healer's art /
To the wounded and the weary I would show a gentle heart/
I would be my brother's keeper- Lord I would follow thee.

I know that Christ is the perfect example of a healer. Not only can he cure our physical ailments, but also our spiritual sicknesses. As we strive to become more like the master healer, and learn the healer's art, may we "bear one another's burdens that they may be light; yea... and mourn with those that mourn; yea and comfort those that stand in need of comfort..." (Mosiah 18:8-9) I know that as we do these things we will become more like our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and become the people that he would have us become (3 Nephi 12:48)
Christ Raising Jairus' Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...