Saturday, May 14, 2011

If Everyone Wore Nametags

Leeroy Jenkin's Name tag
Have you ever wondered how easy it would be to remember people if they all wore name tags? I was thinking about it a few days ago and it seemed like a pretty awesome idea to me. As missionaries we get to talk to a whole bunch of people (which is great), but a lot of the time I frankly don't remember their names. It might even take me a few times meeting them to actually remember. 

So in my thinking I took it a step further...
 Instead of those sticky name tags (see top picture) that you write your name on and stick to your shirt, I think it would be really awesome to have WoW style name tags.  You see in WoW your characters name is displayed above your head along with your guild. So for example if your name in WoW was Bob and your guild was "is cool" you would have Bob above your head, and <is  cool> under your name.


As missionaries we have the opportunity to wear name tags. We wear the title "Elder" along with our last names (hence Elder Cabral). There are actually two names on the tag, with the other being the name of Jesus Christ. Below our name we bear the name of the Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'm proud to say that we wear name tags IRL, and if we were to have WoW name tags IRL they would read something like Elder Cabral <The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints>.

So I guess what I'm trying to get at is would we all individually be willing to bear our names along with the name of Christ? In Romans 1:16, Paul states "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." I am not ashamed to wear the name of Christ. I know that he is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I know that he lived a perfect life, and was completely obedient to the will of the Father. I also know that he performed the Atonement and paved the way for us to return to our Father in Heaven. May we all be willing to bear his name and "...stand as witnesses... at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death..." (Mosiah 18:9).

1 comment:

  1. It is such a priveledge to have the name of Jesus Christ right next to mine all the time. I think it would be an interesting self evaluating question to ask "would I feel comfortable with having Christ's name beside mine right now?" Sure would make me think twice (and does).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...