Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Don't we all need some help?

I want you to take a journey with me through the frozen wastelands of Northrend. (Going to have to use your imagination for this one.) You are just flying around doing some quest's and minding your own business, maybe even chillin on your flying mount. (Ha ha get it chillin? freezing cold? oh nvm.) Anyways your doing your thing and then all of a sudden you see this lvl80 asking for some help. As you can probably guess what I chose to do. I chose to help this fellow out by healing him all throughout his dungeon run. Ok now fast forward a couple of months now and you are going around again minding your own business just chillin on your ground mount looking for somebody to help you with a dungeon, you get a whisper from a familiar fellow saying that he will help you, you later come to realize that it is the same fellow that you helped out when he was in need. Now my question that I have to ask is this, don't we all need some help sometimes? life can and will be very hard at times. When I was growing up I always had to be someone who never needed help on things and honestly there were times that when I did ask for help I felt like I was weak. I think that a lot of people probably felt like I used to. If that is the case let me tell you something, there is NO SHAME in ASKING for HELP! If we stop to read the scriptures we will find that the savior has told us to help each other out, as well as asking for help.
  

In Matthew 11:28-30 Christ says 28"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." As we clearly read the Savior is pleading with us to come unto him. 
 In 3Ne 9:14 we hear the Savior again say  14"Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will acome unto me ye shall have beternal life. Behold, mine carm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.  
                                                                      
In the Book of Mormon there is a prophet by the name of Alma Sr. Alma is talking to the people about baptism and what it is we promise to do when we are baptised. we read  9"Yea, and are awilling to mourn with those that bmourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as cwitnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the dfirst resurrection, that ye may have eternal life"You see! even when we are baptised we are promising to help other people whenever they need help. My friends I hope that we are all willing to help other people, as well as turning to the savior for help. I hope that we are also willing to accept help when other people offer it. I know that if we ask for help then we will be strengthened in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...