Saturday, October 8, 2011

Services and the Atonement


WoW Race Change
In World of Warcraft there are a bunch of wonderful services which any player can take advantage of fully. Some of these services include character transfers, name changes, race changes, faction change, character customization, etc..... You might be wondering why a player would like these changes and what makes them so great? Well my friends I want to share with you one reason why I love it a lot. Lets say you are a level (lvl) 85 Holy Paladin and you are PvPing (Player Vs Player) and you are one day tired of losing all the time to the Horde, wouldn't it be nice to change your faction and your race because of the mistake you made in picking the wrong faction? Because of these special services that Blizzard provides many players can make the changes that they need to or more importantly want to make.


Now what if I told you there was service that made it so WE (we meaning mankind or people) could repent of our sins and be forgiven, making it so we changed our old ways and made a new us, how would that make you feel? This change that I am referring to is the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
The atonement that Christ fulfilled was done in three separate parts:

1) The Garden or Garden of Gethsemane: In the "Garden" Christ knelt in humble prayer to our Father in Heaven, and as he prayed it became so intense that he began to bleed from every pore of his body, by praying and pleading for us He made it possible for us to repent, so that way we would not have to endure the pain that He went through.


2) The Crucifixion: After the Garden the Savior (Jesus Christ) was taken before the chief priest and Pilate, and when He was taken he was spat upon, mocked, and eventually whipped and crucified... By performing this second step the Savior made it possible for us in replacing justice for the sins that we would have commited in replace of mercy. As an example of justice and mercy, if I broke my moms favorite china dish and did nothing to make amends for it chances are she would be very angry and disappointed at me and would give me punishment. Now suppose that I had broke this dish and then did everything that I possibly could to fix it and make the situation right, how do you think my mother would feel? Chances are knowing my mother she would forgive me and tell me not to break another dish and would show mercy to me. (Hope the example helped.)


3) The Ressurrection of the Savior: If the Savior had not been resurrected then there would have been no life after death. Because Jesus Christ was resurrected He made it possible for everyone to return to live with our Father in Heaven, for this purpose the atonement had to be done.

Ok! So what does this have to do with services in WoW? Well if you remember at the beginning of this blog I told you that these services were provided for us to be able to change the mistakes we made right? Well with the service of the atonement of Jesus Christ we are allowed make the changes that we want to and need to in our lives in order to be happy... it is only in and through the Savior that one can become a happier and nicer person as compared to one who never repents and is always miserable like unto the Devil.  

My friends, I hope that all of us come to realize the importance of the Savior Jesus Christ and more importantly the importance of the atonement that He made. I hope we don't forget to take advantage of the great service that was provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...