Monday, September 26, 2011

Loving your neighbor as yourself. ; )

Well its that time of the month again, oh you know writing another blog and relating it to World of Warcraft as well as something spiritual. Today I chose to talk about something that is or can be hard for a lot of people, which is loving our neighbors as yourself. The question that I have always asked is who are my neighbors? Is it the person next door to me? or is it the guy across the street? Well let me share with you somethings that I think will shed some light on this subject. Loving our neighbors isn't just being kind to the person next door to us or even across the street, it means to love everyone as ourselves. In John 13:34-35 , Christ says:                                                                                     

                                                                             
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

You might be thinking, that is great and all but how does that show that we need to love our neighbor as ourselves?
My friends look closely in verse thirty four... see the word ONE ANOTHER? simply stated we are to love one another or other people, and by doing this the savior says what? "That YE are MY DISCIPLES" My friends I am not telling you to give a drug attic money so he can fund his habits, or let a stranger into your home, what I am saying is show love to one another and use the brain that we were given. Now I would like to quickly share with you a story in WoW that might relate to this post.

One day I was playing on my paladin, when a lvl 10 noob came up to me asking me for some money. I told the young player that I did not have much, but I would gladly give him some gold... I ended up giving him 20 gold that day. This player thanked me a bunch throughout the day and all I could do was chuckle because It made me happy to know that I had showed him what the true meaning of what loving a fellow player really means.

My friends let us all do our best to be kind and loving to each other, and the next time we want to call someone a name or hurt somebodies feelings, lets stop and think whether or not we are showing our love to our neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...