Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Karazhan Books

LFM Karazhan PST!
So in the World of Warcraft there's a raid instance called Karazhan that I really enjoy. Karazhan was the entry level-raid for level 70 characters, so I found myself in 'Kara' pugs quite a bit back in the days of the Burning Crusade. Its a pretty sweet place to be, cause its basically a huge castle with a bunch of ghosts in it that drop loot.  

Oh yeah you read that book!
This one time in Kara, we were progressing through pretty well, and even got to the second half of the instance. I noticed that one of the other players we were running with had this new buff (buffs are spells that make your character stronger) that I had never seen before, so I proceeded to ask him what it was. Unbeknownst to me it turns out that throughout the instance there are books that you can actually pick up and read. Upon reading them your character gets a buff, and there are different books for different class roles like tanks, healers, and dps.

Scriptures!
The books in Karazhan remind me of the effect the scriptures have in our lives. The scriptures are holy books that God has given to us through a prophet. Let me ask you a question... If God were here on earth, would you care to hear what he has to say to you?

If you have any amount of curiosity you probably would. One way that God, our Heavenly Father, speaks to us is through the scriptures. By not reading them we are not letting our Heavenly Father speak to us.

Throughout time God has continually commanded us to study the scriptures. In John 5:39 Christ said "39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which btestify of me." I know that great blessings have come to me from reading the scriptures. I know that they can help us all get closer to our Heavenly Father. They truly show us the way back to him. Much like the Karazhan books they help us get through tough times with the buffs they give us!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...